- 300-500g berries, fresh or frozen, to taste
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 250mls lactose free milk
- ¼-½ cup sugar, to taste (optional)
- 2 tsps guar gum
- 2 tbsps glucose syrup, warmed over hot water
- 500mls lactose free cream, chilled
- Put the berries, vanilla, sugar, guar gum and milk into a food processor and mix for 40-50 seconds until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a pan and stir in the cream and glucose syrup.
- Open the ice cream machine and pour in mixture.
- Turn on the machine and allow it to stir until the desired consistency is reached.
- Spoon the ice cream from the machine into an air tight container and freeze.
- If you don’t have a machine, blend until smooth and freeze. While freezing whip the mixture every hour to break up any large crystals until the mixture is nearly frozen through. Then leave to freeze completely.