- ½ butternut pumpkin, peeled, boiled and mashed
¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 3 cups Orgran self-raising flour
- ⅓ cup Orgran gluten free gluten
- 125g Nuttlex, melted
- 2 tsps Orgran plain flour
- 2 tsps caster sugar
- 3-4 tbsps water
- 3 tbsps maple syrup
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed pumpkin, maple syrup and vanilla essence.
- Stir through the melted Nuttlex.
- Fold through the flour and gluten free gluten.
- Gently mix into dough, using your hands.
- Hand roll handfuls of dough to make the scones.
- Place them on a foiled and greased baking tray.
- In a small bowl, whisk the plain four and sugar with water until smooth.
- Spoon into a zip-lock back and cut off a corner.
- Squeeze out flour mixture to create the crosses.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 210°C for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through (cook time may vary according to how big you rolled the scones).
- To make the glaze, whisk the maple syrup and confectioner’s sugar in a small bowl until combined. Drizzle over the scones. Allow to set then serve.