- 1 cup dates, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1¼ cups boiling water
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 60g Nuttlex
- 2 cups Orgran self-raising flour
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a large bundt pan.
- Place the dates and bicarb soda in a heatproof bowl.
- Pour over the boiling water and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the date mixture to a blender.
- Add the banana, sugar, Nuttlex and flour.
- Process the mixture until it is almost smooth.
- Pour the cake mix into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Turn out on a wire rack to cool.