- 4 tbsps Nuttlex
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- Leftover mashed potato
- Leftover cooked vegetables, chopped if needed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 plain chicken sausages per person
Bubble and squeak
- Melt the Nuttlex in a large frying pan or wok.
- Add the onions and cook until softened.
- Add the leftover vegetables and stir to combine.
- Add the mashed potato and stir to combine.
- Fry for approximately 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the vegetables are golden brown and crispy bits of potato form.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
- Place a line of aluminium foil across your oven grill.
- If you don’t have an oven grill cook on a greased griddle or frying pan.
- Turn the heat to high and place the sausages on the grill, unpricked.
- Allow the sausages to cook until golden brown.
- Remove the sausages from the grill and slice each down the middle without halving them entirely.
- Rest the butterflied sausages on the foil, insides up.
- Cook both sides until crispy and crunchy.
- Serve with a side of bubble and squeak.