- 2 mandarins, fine zest and juice
- 1½ cups Nuttlex
- 2⁄3 cups caster sugar
- 2¾ cups Orgran all purpose flour
- 1-2 tbsp mandarin juice
- ¾ cup icing sugar
- 3 drops orange food colouring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- In a medium bowl, cream the Nuttlex and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in flour, mandarin zest and juice until mixed well.
- Line a baking tray with greased aluminium foil.
- Using a teaspoon, roll the mixture into balls and place them on the tray.
- Gently press the balls with a fork, making sure they are all of the same thickness.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Let the biscuits stand on the baking tray for 5 minutes before moving them to a rack.
- Once the biscuits have cooled completely, combine all the filling ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Join two biscuits together using the icing mixture and allow the icing to set.
- Store in an airtight container.