- 2½ -3 cups mashed butternut pumpkin
- ⅓ cup goat's milk
- Basil, sage or thyme, to taste (optional)
- 2 tsps Orgran No Egg whisked with 60mls water until thick
- 400g Orgran self-raising flour, more or less may be required
- Pour the pumpkin mash into a large bowl and fold in the goat's milk and Orgran No Egg mixture.
- If you’d like, add some basil, sage or thyme.
- Slowly add the self-raising flour and combine with a spoon to make soft dough.
- Once the dough closely resembles standard dough, though more sticky, dust your hands and the dough with flour.
- Take large portions, to make approximately 6 damper rolls, and pat into shape with dusted hands.
- Gently drop each dough ball onto a greased and floured baking tray.
- Top with a light drizzle of olive oil. Don't drizzle too much oil over the top as it will pool on the pan and burn the bottom of your damper.
- Cook at 180°C for 35-45 minutes or until a skewer comes away clean.
- Cook on the highest possible shelf in the oven to prevent burning.