Saturday, April 7, 2012

Allergy free chocolate experiment #5: Easter coconut rough recipe

Today's chocolate experiment (two already eaten by my husband and myself).

Ingredients
6 tbsp cacao nibs, ground into a liquid paste
150 mls powdered sugar
Pinch of cardamom
1/2 tsp mixed spice
1/8 tsp vanilla
60 mls finely powdered coconut milk
1 tbsp honey (instead of soy lecithin)
2-3 tbsp cocoa butter

I had a few stops and starts along the way as I'd intended a different sort of chocolate, I broke my pestle and I was feeling all-round grumpy. Breaking your favourite pestle does that. But all that amounted to nothing as I didn't ruin the chocolate and ended up with a rich and probably addictive chocolate. I'm definitely making this again.

Now just to sort out how to make the chocolate I was intending in the first place...

No comments:

Post a Comment