- 8-10 ripe freestone nectarines
- 30g Nuttlex
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 125g crumbed Orgran vanilla biscuits (or plain biscuits of your choice)
- ¾ cup Orgran all purpose flour
- ½ cup, firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 100g Nuttlex
- Slice the nectarines into thick wedges, leaving the skin on for mild tanginess.
- Cook the nectarines on medium with the Nuttlex, sugar and water for about 10 minutes in a covered saucepan, stirring once or twice to prevent burning.
- The nectarine compote should be very moist but not runny.
- If necessary, increase the heat for 1-2 minutes to reduce the juice.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Grease a baking dish or pie dish and spoon in the nectarine compote.
- Place the crumbed biscuit in a large bowl.
- Add the flour, sugar, ginger, coconut and Nuttlex.
- Combine by rubbing the Nuttlex through with your fingers.
- Sprinkle the crumble top over the apple mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden.