- 3 potatoes, peeled, quartered
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 double breast chicken, chopped
- 2 tbsps yellow curry paste
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce or ½ tsp salt mixed with 1 tbsp water
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 carrot, chopped
- ½ broccoli, cut into florets
- ½ red capsicum, diced
- Boil the potatoes in a saucepan of water until tender.
- Drain the potatoes and then rinse them in cold water.
- Heat the oil in a wok over a medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook until tender.
- Add the chicken and cook until white.
- Add the potato, curry paste, brown sugar, fish sauce and coconut milk.
- Stir until well combined.
- Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir through the carrot and broccoli when there’s 20 minutes to go.
- Stir through the capsicum when there’s 5-10 minutes to go (to desired tenderness).
- Other vegetables such as beans, baby corn, mushrooms and chickpeas can be used.