But! But, I say. They never tell you that you can have too many notebooks!
Here's what I have:
- 1 notebook in the car with pen attached for those times I'm waiting in a parking lot.
- 2 notebooks downstairs: one for general projects but it does get used for writing too and the other for writing and publisher lists and agent meetings etc. This last one often gets tucked into my bag along with a pen.
- Postit notes in two pockets of my bag in case I forget my 2nd downstairs notebook.
- 2 upstairs notebooks, one with illustration details and jotted notes and the other that nightstand notebook for logging late night inspiration.
- 15 stickies on my laptop filled with random information on inspiration, odd ideas, publisher info, blog thoughts and ideas, cooking ideas and other random pieces.
- Too many word files to count per book but luckily most are filed under the right book folder. This latest book is already up to 14 files, mostly with loads of info.
- Then there are the notes in the actual manuscript that pad out the skeleton I wrote.