⅓-½ cup popcorn kernels
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp extra ground salt
- 2 tbsps Nuttlex, melted
- 2 tsps icing sugar or caster sugar
- Heat the olive oil in the bottom of a wok over a medium heat.
- Add the popcorn kernels.
- Immediately place a splatter guard over the top of the wok.
- Hold the wok just above the heat and begin rolling the popcorn about the bottom of the pan.
- Keep the popcorn, popped and unpopped, in motion until the popping decreases significantly then remove from the heat.
- Pour the popped popcorn in a bowl and discard the unpopped kernels and anything burnt.
- In a mortar and pestle, grind the salt until it has the same consistency as icing sugar.
- Combine the popcorn with the salt in a large bowl.
- Combine the melted Nuttlex and sugar in a small bowl and stir together.
- Drizzle the Nuttlex mixture over the popcorn, tossing to coat.
- You can make it without the Nuttlex by tossing the salt and sugar through the popcorn.
- You can also alter the salt and sugar amounts to suit your taste but sweet and salty popcorn is generally rather mild, allowing you to eat quite a lot of it without needing a drink. Less is more in this case.