- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed, stems removed
- ½ cup plain goat’s cheese or feta
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- 3 medium sized garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Squeeze of lemon (optional)
- Combine the basil in with the sunflower seeds, pulse a few times in a food processor.
- Add the garlic, pulse a few times more.
- Slowly add the olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on.
- Stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula.
- Add the cheese and pulse again until blended.
- Add a pinch of salt, some freshly ground black pepper and some lemon to taste.
- Serve with Orgran corn or corn and rice pasta, over baked potatoes or spread over allergy free bread.