- ½ lime, juiced
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped, or 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp allergy free soy sauce replacer
- 750g chicken, sliced 1cm thick or diced
- Using a vegetable peeler cut long strips of rind from the lime.
- Combine the coconut milk, garlic, chilli, fish sauce, soy sauce replacer and lime juice in a shallow dish.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade.
- Add the chicken to the remaining marinade and toss to coat.
- Cover the chicken with cling wrap and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Cook on or under a medium-high heat, using a grill, bbq or griddle.
- Thread the chicken onto some pre-soaked bamboo skewers, reserving the marinade.
- Cook, brushing with the reserved coconut milk mixture, for 2-3 minutes each side or until lightly charred and cooked through.