- 6-8 red apples, peeled, cored, chopped
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup sultanas
- Crumble top
- 125g crumbed Orgran vanilla biscuits (or plain biscuits of your choice)
- ¾ cup Orgran all purpose flour
- ½ cup, firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 100g Nuttlex
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a medium pie dish with Nuttlex.
- Place the chopped apple in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes on med-high until the apple is just tender.
- Drain the apple and place it in a bowl.
- Combine the apple with the nutmeg, cinnamon and the sultanas.
- Spoon the apple mixture into the prepared pie dish.
- Place the crumbed biscuit in a large bowl.
- Add the flour, sugar, coconut and Nuttlex.
- Combine by rubbing the Nuttlex through with your fingers.
- Sprinkle the crumble top over the apple mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden.
- If using green apples instead of red for your apple crumble you may want to add in a ¼ cup caster sugar when combining the apple with cinnamon, nutmeg and sultanas. Green apples are usually tart while red apples are fairly sweet.