- ¼ cup Nuttlex
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, halved, cored, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flaked or dessicated coconut
- ¼ cup Orgran all purpose flour
- 2 tbsps honey
- ¼ cup Nuttlex, melted
- Preheat oven 180°C.
- Melt the Nuttlex in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the pineapple and sugar and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves and the Nuttlex is completely melted.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until the pineapple is soft and syrup thickens.
- Spoon the pineapple mixture into a small to medium baking dish (I chose a medium casserole dish).
- Combine the flour, coconut, honey and extra Nuttlex in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the coconut mixture over pineapple mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crumble is golden brown.
- Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- For anyone who can have certain nuts like walnuts, pecans or cashews, then chopping up a few and adding them to the crumble will give it a bit more crunch. Alternatively, you could crush some banana chips and mix them through.
- You could used some drained canned pineapple instead of fresh pineapple.