Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Allergy free coconut and banana bread recipe

Yes, I remain completely horrible at photography. I believe I should change the camera. Now, if you're thinking I'm blaming the tools, then think again. I just hope that a better camera might help me produce photos not quite so bad. Doesn't matter, this photo has to do as I've already started eating those slices. So very yummy and its still hot. I'm happy now.

Ingredients
  • 4 ripe bananas, smashed
  • ⅓ cup Nuttlex, melted
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup desiccated coconut
  • 2 teaspoons Orgran No Egg whisked with 60mls water
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1 tsp coconut essence
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1½ cups of Orgran plain flour
  • 2 tsp desiccated coconut

Method
  • Preheat the oven to 180°C.
  • With a wooden spoon, mix Nuttlex into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
  • Mix in the sugar, desiccated coconut, Orgran No Egg mix, coconut essence and vanilla essence.
  • Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and combine.
  • Gradually add the flour and stir to combine.
  • Pour mixture into a greased 4x8 inch loaf tin.
  • Sprinkle remaining desiccated coconut over the top.
  • Bake for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment