Saturday, February 25, 2012

Famous last words

This may seem like I've just randomly looked into famous last words for a blog post. But no, this post stemmed from my need to figure out what a character would say when facing a situation he believes will be the death of him. Of course, my solution was far more simple as I decided my character would simply swear. He does swear in Croatian, however, so I had to do a little interrogating of a friend from my school days in order to find the right swear word.















Actual famous last words:
(I am always morbidly interested in who wrote them down and why.)


"My wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death. One or the other of us has to go.” - Oscar Wilde.


"Hey, Jimmie! The Chimney Sweeps.  Talk to the Sword.  Shut up, you got a big mouth! Please come help me up, Henny.  Max come over here.  French Canadian bean soup.  I want to pay.  Let them leave me alone.” - Arthur "Dutch Schultz" Flegenheimer, 1920's-30's gangster. Said while suffering a fever after being shot in the stomach.


"One last drink, please!" - Jack Daniel.


"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist...!" - John Sedgwick. Said just before being shot by a Confederate sharp shooter during the Battle of Spotsylvania Court House.

"Dying is easy, comedy is hard." - George Bernard Shaw.

"Hey, fellas! How about this for a headline for tomorrow's paper? "French Fries"!" - James French, murderer, who was sentenced to die by the electric chair.

"Hurry up, you Hoosier bastard, I could kill ten men while you're fooling around!" - Carl Pansram, serial killer, who was sentenced to hang.

"Now, now, my good man, this is no time for making enemies." - Voltaire. Said in response to being asked by a priest to renounce Satan.

No comments:

Post a Comment