- 3-4 tbsps olive oil
- 2 large tbsps cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 100g (approx.) unpopped popcorn kernels
- Add the sugar and oil to a wok and stir to combine as best you can.
- Add the popcorn kernels.
- Turn the heat to medium.
- Place a splatter guard over the top of the wok.
- Before the popcorn starts popping stir the kernels a few times to ensure the sugar is evenly distributed.
- When the oil becomes hot hold the wok just above the heat and begin rolling the popcorn about the bottom of the pan as much as possible.
- Keep the popcorn, popped and unpopped, in motion until the popping decreases significantly then remove from the heat.
- Pour the popcorn in a bowl and discard any unpopped or burnt kernels.
- The fresher the kernels are the fewer unpopped kernels there will be.
- It is much easier to burn this popcorn than most so keep the temperature controlled and the kernels moving. If there's even a wisp of smoke stop cooking and remove any good popcorn.