- 500g pineapple cut squid, cleaned
- 4 tbsps Orgran self-raising flour
- 2 tbsps corn flour
- 1 tbsp Szechuan pepper or finely ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1-2 cups olive oil, for frying
- 1 shallot, sliced, for garnishing
- Rinse the squid under cold running water and dry off thoroughly with paper towels.
- In a bowl, mix the flours, pepper and salt.
- Add the squid and toss to coat well.
- Heat the oil in a wok until very hot.
- Using long tongs, drop about 8 pieces into the oil.
- Cook, gently rolling them every now and then, until the crust turns golden.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on an absorbent paper towel.
- Repeat with the rest.
- Serve immediately or reheat in a very hot oven or under a grill.
- Garnish with shallot and serve with sweet chilli salad and allergy free homemade crispy chips.