- 125g crumbed Orgran vanilla biscuits (or plain biscuits of your choice)
- ¾ cup Orgran all purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 100g Nuttlex
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 tsps rosewater essence, to tastet
- 500g frozen mixed berries, thawed
- 1 tbsp cornflour (optional)
- Place the crumbed biscuit in a large bowl.
- Add the flour, sugar, coconut and Nuttlex.
- Combine by rubbing the Nuttlex through with your fingers.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat the sugar, water and rosewater in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer for 7 minutes or until the syrup reduces and thickens.
- Set aside and allow the syrup to cool.
- Stir the berries through the syrup.
- Spoon the berry mixture into a pie or casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with the crumble mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool and, if possible, set before serving.
- If you end up with a very juicy berry mixture, before pouring it into your pie or casserole dish stir through tbsp of cornflour while the mixture is hot. Allow the mixture to thicken and then pour it into the dish.