- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 800g tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 600g ling fillets, cut into large pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander, chopped (optional)
- Crusty allergy free damper rolls, to serve (see note)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the turmeric and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Stir in the tomatoes and 1 cup of cold water.
- Add the potatoes, cover and bring to the boil.
- Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the beans and return to the boil.
- Once boiling, add the fish.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
- Spoon the stew into bowls and sprinkle with coriander.
- Serve with damper rolls.
- Use the Allergy free plain damper recipe but divide the damper into three before cooking and cook for 35 minutes. Check they are cooked through before removing from the oven.