- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 double chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced fine
- Approx. 150g mushrooms, sliced
- Up to 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 white inner stems fresh lemongrass, thinly sliced
- ½ red capsicum, sliced
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2½ tbsps fish sauce or 1 tsp salt mixed with 2½ tbsps water
- 2 tsps of Massel salt reduced chicken style stock powder
- 1 pinch ground white pepper
- 25 fresh Thai basil leaves
- 1 tbsp kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced, or lime zest
- 1 tsp lime juice
|This week's guest - all week that is - is Shirin. She has an Asian anything food deficiency|
from travelling all over Europe that needs to be addressed.
- Preheat a wok over a medium high heat and add the oil.
- Add the shallots and garlic.
- Sauté the shallots and garlic until light brown, making sure to stir constantly to prevent burning.
- Add the chicken, carrots and mushrooms.
- Stir and separate chicken slices.
- Add the chilli, lemongrass and capsicum.
- Continue to stir.
- Just before the chicken is cooked through stir in the coconut milk, sugar, fish sauce, stock powder and white pepper.
- Toss in the basil, lime leaves and lime juice.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice.